Technical articles, news and publications on CE marking
The list of harmonized standards which give presumption of conformity for the Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU was updated on 2020-08-03. Strictly speaking the Commission Implementing Decision 2019/1956 was replaced by the Implementing Decision 2020/1146
Official Journal of the EU: 2020/L 250
Publication Date: 2020-08-03
Legal basis: Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU
NEW: 3 Standards were published in the Official Journal for the first time
- EN 50620:2017 including amendment EN 50620:2017/A1:2019
- EN IEC 60947-9-1:2019
- EN 61643-31:2019
SUCCESSOR: For 8 standards direct successors were published
AMENDED: For 27 standards amendments were published
- Without transition period: EN 50178:1997
- With transition period: 9 standards will be removed with transition period as per 02/03/2022.
- On the Safexpert LiveServer all adjustments have already been made available
- Remark: For some of the newly harmonised standards the national editions (ÖNORM) have not been published yet. Once they are available, they will be suplemented as soon as possible.
Specialties oft the Commission Implementing Decision:
- So far, the 3 newly added harmonised standards have never been published in the Official Journal oft he EU. In the scope of the order M/511 of the European Commission they were created by CEN and CENELEC.
- Error correction: in a former implementing decision the standard EN 62477-1:2012 was listed as successor for the standard EN 50178:1997. As there was no date indicating the termination of conformity, this norm is withdrawn as a harmonised standard within this Implementing Decision with immediate effect.